Besides wine from indigenous grapes, beautiful wines are made from internationally known grapes in Croatia as well. This tasting box contains 6 unknown wines from famous grapes.Read more...
Croatia is a very old wine country with a long list of funky native grapes. But great wines are also made from internationally known grapes. This tasting box contains 6 wines made from well-known grapes from a (for some) still unknown wine country: Croatia.
Content: (3x white, 3x red)
• 1x Feravino Classic Chardonnay, Did you know that the Chardonnay has one Croatian ancestor? DNA research has shown that the Chardonnay is a cross-breed between the French grape Pinot Noir and the native Croatian grape, Štajerska Belina. Feravino Classic Chardonnay comes from the eastern inlands of Croatia. It is a very easy to drink balanced dry white wine with beautiful acidity and refined aromas. The wine was named 'Best from the Test' in the October 2019 issue of Hubrecht Duijker.
• 1x Orahovica Pinot Sivi, The Pinot Sivi is really just Pinot Gris, because Sivi means "gray" in Croatian. It is a delicious fresh easy to drink white wine that pairs perfectly with many dishes.
• 1x Bolfan Sauvignon Blanc, this is a very balanced biodynamically produced white wine from the Zagorje region in northern Croatia. Its beautiful freshness and minerality in combination with a lot of (tropical) fruit makes this an excellent aperitif wine that also has many gastronomic options.
• 1x Feravino Classic Cuvee, this wine is a harmonious red blend of Merlot, Zweigelt and Syrah with lots of fruit such as black currant, strawberry and ripe plums and discrete notes of vanilla and sweet spices.
• 1x Feravino Dika Zweigelt, we know the variety Zweigelt from Austria of course but this wine is one of the top-quality red wines from the continental wine regions of Croatia.
• 1x Medea Cabernet Sauvignon, This soft and pleasant Cabernet Sauvignon from Istria is everyone's friend. It can be used as an aperitif, goes well with cheese and also pairs perfectly with meat and vegetarian dishes.