This box contains all Plavac Mali wines that are served on the Night of the Wine + 1 extra wine.Read more...
This box contains all Plavac Mali wines that are served on the Night of the Wine + 1 extra wine. Plavac Mali wines are robust full red wines.
The Plavac Mali grape is an ancestral sister of the Italian Primitivo and the Californian Zinfandel. All these grapes come from the autochthonous Croatian grape Crljenak Kaštelanski. Hardly any wine is made from this grape, but in Dalmatia people still make a lot of wine from Plavac Mali.
Literally Plavac Mali means 'Little Blue'. So they are very small grapes that have to work very hard to produce a little juice. Because they are very small grapes, they have a lot of skin and therefore a lot of tannin. In combination with the concentrated juice, this produces very sturdy robust wines.
This discount box contains six Plavac Mali wines.
1) EXTRA Skaramuča Plavac, coming from the famous Peljesac peninsula.
2) PZ Svirče Plavac, the pure taste of Dalmatia.
3) Skaramuča Plavac Premium, made with 30% grapes from the protected Dingač region.
4) Vina Carić Jubo'v Cuvee, the only wine from this box where Plavac Mali is blended with Merlot, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon.
5) Vina Carić Plovac Ploški, served in the best restaurant in the Netherlands, De Librije.
6) The most famous Croatian red wine: Skaramuča Dingač.