These six gastronomic wines have been selected for this tasting box in collaboration with Ongewoonlekker.com.Read more...
Contents: (6 bottles)
• 1x Feravino Francesca Brut. Francesca brut is a wonderfully refreshing wine with a beautiful, fresh, elegant fruity bouquet reminiscent of strawberries and raspberries. The wine is delicious as an aperitif and fits ideally with fruit, fruit desserts, pasta and white fish. In addition, the wine is very surprising with cheese and oysters. The wine is also excellent for a wine cocktail such as the Aperol Spritz.
• 1x Feravino Dika Graševina. This wine is pleasantly uplifting, fresh, light, floral, well structured and harmonious with aromas of green apple and fine scents of linden blossom. Graševina goes well with grilled meat, white meat, veal, pork or freshwater and marine fish dishes. The wine is also delicious with oysters.
• 1x Kabola Malvazija. The wine is dry, soft and fresh with pleasant minerals. Malvazija is medium-bodied, balanced and harmonious. Pure, white fruit, gooseberry, fresh, nicely spicy, good structure and balance. The wine goes wonderfully with pasta with light sauces, pasta dishes with meat or fish, risotto with scampi or shrimp, mushroom risotto, white fish, shellfish, chicken in creamy sauces, grilled vegetables and Japanese food.
• 1x PZ Svirče Plavac. This wine is made from the Plavac Mali grape, an autochthonous Dalmatian grape that usually produces huge heavy cannons. It does have the pure characteristics of the Plavac Mali grape, which is a primal brother of the Primitivo and the Zinfandel, but has remained a bit lighter. It is still firm with nice juicy dark fruit and a dash of tannin. Plavac goes very well with red meat, lamb, firm fish, crab and many cheeses.
• 1x Feravino Miraz Frankovka. This exclusive red wine received a 9 from wine writer Harold Hamersma. Ripe plums, plump cherries, mild peppers, cinnamon and the sweetness of roasted peppers. Sultry, round, full, ripe but also fresh, coquettish and lively and quite a few oak influences. This wine is an excellent choice with game, cow and goat cheese, barbecue dishes, stews, lamb and steaks.
• 1x Vinoplod Jakov Prosek. This authentic dessert wine is characterized by a pleasant aroma and a harmonious taste with lots of raisins, walnuts, figs and apricots. Despite the high content of residual sugars, the wine still has nice acidity. It is a full-bodied wine with a fine oily mouthfeel and a long finish. The recognizable sweet taste and an abundance of aroma make this wine an ideal choice with sweet desserts, chocolate or cookies and is also delicious with a cube of ice with coffee or as an aperitif. The wine can also be used with all kinds of savory dishes such as fish dishes and pate. It can also be a surprising alternative for port lovers.