With this box you get six beautiful wines that have been very well assessed by various juries together in one discount box.Read more...
Contents: (3x white, 3x red)
• 1x Vina Carić Bogdanjuša Silver Medal. Bogdanjuša is a unique native Croatian white grape. This wine has been named 'super cheese wine' by cheese expert Betty Koster. In addition, the wine has won a silver medal at the Balkans International Wine Competition and has a special mention in Winelife Magazine as a special island wine.
• 1x Medea Malvazija Grote Hamersma 8+ and Decanter bronze. Local malvasia. Member of a widely available grape family that has gained solid ground from Greece in Italy, Spain and therefore also in Croatia. Also has a nice trip in store for the taste buds. Dried white fruit and mandarin. Peach and honey. A splash of rosemary and laid back acidity.
• 1x Vina Caric Cesarica Gold Medal. Cesarica is the empress among the white blends from the island of Hvar and awarded a gold medal at the Balkans International Wine Competition.This very gourmet wine is light straw yellow in colour. You can smell a lot of minerals, yellow fruit and dried flowers in the wine. In the taste you also get a lot of yellow fruit, mature citrus and a light touch of marzipan very far away.
• 1x Medea Teran. This award-winning and affordable Teran is very interesting for gastronomy. It is very fruity with fine acidity and very soft tannins. The wine has won a bronze medal with 89 points at Decanter World Wine Awards.
• 1x PZ Svirče Plavac 8.5 winewriter Harold Hamersma. Plavac Mali wines can be very colossal. The grape can naturally score up to 17 percent. However, PZ Svirce has not opted for that. They have managed to tame it to a less liver-threatening 12.5 percent, let's say: a bit of a Beaujolais approach. Does he also have something to do in this capacity. Nice juicy dark fruit, a bit firmer, a bit more tannic. Also, some of that brash earthiness, cheerfulness, and an attempt at jubilation.
• 1x Vina Plovac Ploški. Special Michelin-star wine, an earlier vintage is served in the 'Best Restaurant in the Netherlands', the Librije in Zwolle. This wine has had a special mention in Winelife Magazine and has won a gold medal at the International Balkans Wine Competition.